When Briton and I first got married, his mom gave me a recipe book filled with all of his favorite recipes from growing up! Since we are all home more, I have been looking through the book and finding some of our favorites that I haven’t made for years! These frosty strawberry squares are such a refreshing dessert! Ironically, I had never made them for the kids! We made these this week, and they have been a HUGE hit!
1 cup flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup pecans
1/2 cup melted better
2 egg whites
1 cup sugar
32 ounces of fresh or frozen strawberries
2 T lemon juice
1 cup whipped cream (or Cool Whip)
1. Blend all the ingredients for the crust in a food processor. Spread evenly in baking dish. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
2. Spread 2/3 of the crumbs in a 9×13 dish. Save remaining 1/3 of the crumbs to sprinkle on top.
3. With large mixer and large bowl, combine 2 egg whites and 1 cup of sugar. Beat until stiff peaks form.
4. In a blender or food processor, add 32 ounces of fresh or frozen strawberries and 2 T of lemon juice. Blend until smooth.
5. Add the strawberry mixture to the egg mixture. Beat for 10 minutes or until it holds a stiff peak.
6. Add 1 cup of whipped cream and mix until smooth.
7. Spoon strawberry mixture over crumbs and top with remaining crumbs.
Such a great way to enjoy strawberries in the summer and winter!
** This post contains affiliate links. **