During this extra time at home, I have been looking through all of my recipes and making some that I haven’t made in years! I remember Briton having these cookies in his lunch in high school when we were dating! These are filled with simple ingredients that you probably have on hand, and they are a family favorite! And yes… even though I don’t like chocolate, I still make them for my chocolate-loving family!
2 cups of flour
3/4 cup of cocoa
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
2 1/2 sticks of butter
2 cups of sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons of vanilla
1. With an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar, and eggs on medium speed until light and fluffy – about 2 minutes.
2. Add vanilla.
3. Mix dry ingredients – flour, cocoa, salt, and baking soda – and gradually add to butter mixture. Combine on low speed.
4. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for one hour.
5. Roll into one inch balls and roll each ball in sugar.
6. Place on buttered cookie sheet. Bake until set – about 6 minutes – at 350 degrees.
My family loves these cookies, and we hope you love them too! And even though I don’t care for chocolate, I love making these for my family!
** This post contains affiliate links. **
When Briton and I first got married, his mom gave me a recipe book filled…10 May, 2020